William E. McCarthy
Mr. McCarthy is known by some as “William”. By others, he’s known as “Will”. And by his closest friends and Butte ties, it’s “Willie”. Born and raised in Butte, Will understands people. All kinds of people. He’s happy to help people, too. Whether it’s a new family needing estate planning, drafting a trust, handling a probate after a spouse’s passing, setting up a new corporation or non-profit, working out a complicated tax issue with the IRS, or helping a new LLC with business planning, Will is always knowledgeable, professional, and understanding of clients’ needs.
He is also very involved in Missoula and the surrounding communities; whether it’s serving as legal counsel for a Montana for-profit or non-profit organization, or serving on a local youth athletic board.
When he’s not in the office, he is usually spending time with his wife Gina, their two boys and family dog Bob Meng. Or maybe he’s busy helping a community baseball or football team. But, it’s guaranteed that he’s always busy with something that is tied to his family, clients, or community.
- University of Montana School of Law, Missoula, Montana
- J.D. – 2002
- Montana Tech and The University of Montana
- Montana, 2002
- U.S. District Court District of Montana, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2006
- U.S. Tax Court, 2003
Pro Bono Activities
- The Knights of Columbus
- The Ancient Order of Hibernians
- St. Anthony’s Parish
Community Activities and Support
- Past President, Mount Sentinel Little League
- Past President, Missoula Bandits Baseball
- Past President, Western Montana Bar Association
- Past President, Camp Mak-A-Dream
- Little League and Missoula Youth Football
- Numerous Non Profit Legal Counsel
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Montana
- Montana Defense Trial Lawyers
- Western Montana Bar Association
- Western MT Low Income Taxpayer Clinic
- BETTR- Section of MT Bar Association
- Western Montana Bar Association, Past President
- Best Lawyers, 2013 – present, Business Organization and Corporate Law
Past Employment Positions
- Worden Thane P.C., Intern
Contact Worden Thane P.C.
While this website provides general information, it does not constitute legal advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a meeting with an attorney, please call or complete the intake form below.