Martin S. King
Having practiced law for over 30 years, Martin King has represented virtually every type of client in almost every kind of case. Although Martin specializes in banking, bankruptcy, real estate and commercial law, including transactions, litigation and appeals, Martin has been involved in many weird and often complicated cases that present questions and problems encompassing different areas of the law. Because of the variety of his practice, and the diverse nature of his clients, Martin has tried an array of cases in numerous different Montana State District Courts, the Montana United States District Court and before the Montana Bankruptcy Court. Martin has been lead counsel on more than 25 cases heard before the Montana Supreme Court.
Martin recognizes that all legal issues, whether large or small, are one of the most important and stressful issues a client will ever face. Martin’s high-energy, passionate, and common sense approach to legal matters translates into economically reasonable, timely and successful outcomes for his clients
In addition to his law practice, since 2008 Martin has been an adjunct professor of law at the University of Montana teaching articles, 2, 3, 4 and 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
An avid and long-time biker, hiker and skier, Martin is great source for information about Montana trails and backcountry.
- Willamette University College of Law, Salem, Oregon
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence – 1984
- University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon
- B.S., Bachelor of Science – 1980
- Montana, 1984
- U.S. District Court District of Montana, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1986
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, 1984
- Confederated Salish Tribal Court, 2004
- 50% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Year Joined Firm
- First Montana Bank, Inc.
- First Interstate Bank
- Allied Insurance Companies
- Missoula Independent
- Double Arrow Ranch Landowners Association, Inc.
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, 2007 – 2016
- Missoula Banking and Finance Lawyer of the Year, 2014 – 2016
- Missoula Best Lawyer of the Year- Real Estate, 2012 – Present
- Best Lawyer of the Year-Banking and Finance Law, 2016 – Present
- Montana Best Lawyers
- Chambers & Partners
Pro Bono Activities
- Montana Justice Foundation
- YMCA Partners with Youth
- Swim Missoula
- First Montana Bank
- First Interstate Bank
- Adjunct Professor, University of Montana School of Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Montana
- Western Montana Bar Association, Associate Member, 1984 – Present
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Associate Member, 1984 – 1990
- Montana Defense Trial Lawyers
- National Arbitration Forum
- Montana Bar Bankruptcy Section
- Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribal Court
Contact Worden Thane P.C.
While this website provides general information, it does not constitute legal advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a meeting with an attorney, please call or complete the intake form below.