Brand G. Boyar
Brand works hard to build and protect his client’s legacy. He provides focused, experienced expertise in the practice areas of Estate Planning, Probate, Commercial Transactions, Estate and Trust Litigation, and Tax Exempt Organization Law. What’s better, he represents clients in both the Missoula and Helena communities.
Brand effectively blends a high-level transactional practice with a complementary litigation caseload as a result of his educational and legal background.
Obtaining his J.D. from the University of Montana School of Law and his LL.M. in Taxation from the University of Florida, Brand has worked in a large Montana law firm setting, and as a solo practitioner. He has been recognized as an “AV” (or Preeminent) attorney by Martindale Hubbell, is a past chair of the Helena Estate Planning Council, and currently serves as chair of the Business, Estates, Trusts, Tax and Real Property Section of the State Bar of Montana.
At Worden Thane P.C., Brand provides Montanans with legal representation that they can count on, while working from both sides of the Divide.
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- LL.M. – 2000
- Major: Taxation
- Major: Concentration in Corporate Taxation, Trust and Estate Planning
- University of Montana School of Law, Missoula, Montana
- Juris Doctorate – 1998
- Honors: Honorable Mention, Northwest Regional Competition
- Honors: Member, Jessup International Moot Court Team, 1996-1997
- Honors: Recipient, Garlington, Lohn & Robinson Scholarship, 1997-1998
- Stetson University, Deland, Florida
- B.A. – 1991
- Honors: Member, Political Science Honor Society
- Honors: Class Representative, Honors Program Academic Council
- Honors: Honors Program Graduate
- Honors: Representative, Athletic Council
- Honors: NCAA Division I Athletics: Soccer, Cross Country – Most Valuable Runner, 1990
- Major: Political Science
- Montana, 1998
- U.S. District Court District of Montana
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Montana
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Mediator, Community Dispute Resolution Center, Missoula, Montana
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Montana Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Tax Section
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
Past Employment Positions
- Herndon, Sweeney & Halverson, Billings, Montana, Attorney, 1998 – 1999
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Missoula, Montana, Legal Intern, 1996
- University of Montana-Helena, Helena, Montana, Adjunct Professor, 2005 – 2006
Contact Worden Thane P.C.
While this website provides general information, it does not constitute legal advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a meeting with an attorney, please call or complete the intake form below.