Brand G. Boyar
Brand provides client-focused expertise in the practice areas of estate planning, probate, commercial transactions, estate and trust litigation, and tax-exempt organization law.
Brand earned a B.A. in Political Science (1991) from Stetson University in Deland, Florida, where he graduated from the school’s Honors Program while competing for Stetson’s Soccer and Cross-Country teams at the NCAA Division I level. Following graduation, Brand worked in Guatemala on an agroforestry project for the Alliance for International Reforestation. On completion of the assignment, he entered the U.S. Army, serving in the Military Intelligence Corps as a Korean linguist. Until honorably discharged in 1995, Brand trained and led small team radio-intercept and electronic countermeasure operations in various tactical environments. Brand obtained his J.D. from the University of Montana School of Law in Missoula (1998), and subsequently earned his LL.M. in Taxation from the University of Florida in Gainesville (2000).
As testament to his legal acumen and commitment to the legal profession, Brand has been designated an “AV” (or Preeminent) attorney by Martindale Hubbell, is a past chair of the Helena Estate Planning Council, and currently serves as chair of the Business, Estates, Trusts, Tax and Real Property Section of the State Bar of Montana.
Outside the office, Brand enjoys spending time with his family and taking advantage of the fishing and hunting opportunities in Montana.
Obtaining his J.D. from the University of Montana School of Law and his LL.M. in Taxation from the University of Florida, Brand has worked in a large Montana law firm setting, and as a solo practitioner. He has been recognized as an “AV” (or Preeminent) attorney by Martindale Hubbell, is a past chair of the Helena Estate Planning Council, and currently serves as chair of the Business, Estates, Trusts, Tax and Real Property Section of the State Bar of Montana.
At Worden Thane P.C., Brand provides Montanans with legal representation that they can count on, while working from both sides of the Divide.
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- LL.M. – 2000
- Major: Taxation
- Major: Concentration in Corporate Taxation, Trust and Estate Planning
- University of Montana School of Law, Missoula, Montana
- Juris Doctorate – 1998
- Honors: Honorable Mention, Northwest Regional Competition
- Honors: Member, Jessup International Moot Court Team, 1996-1997
- Honors: Recipient, Garlington, Lohn & Robinson Scholarship, 1997-1998
- Stetson University, Deland, Florida
- B.A. – 1991
- Honors: Member, Political Science Honor Society
- Honors: Class Representative, Honors Program Academic Council
- Honors: Honors Program Graduate
- Honors: Representative, Athletic Council
- Honors: NCAA Division I Athletics: Soccer, Cross Country – Most Valuable Runner, 1990
- Major: Political Science
- Montana, 1998
- U.S. District Court District of Montana
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Montana
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Mediator, Community Dispute Resolution Center, Missoula, Montana
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Montana Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Tax Section
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
Past Employment Positions
- Herndon, Sweeney & Halverson, Billings, Montana, Attorney, 1998 – 1999
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Missoula, Montana, Legal Intern, 1996
- University of Montana-Helena, Helena, Montana, Adjunct Professor, 2005 – 2006
Contact Worden Thane P.C.
While this website provides general information, it does not constitute legal advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a meeting with an attorney, please call or complete the intake form below.