Raised in Joliet, Montana Martin grew up a football playing, food loving, theater geek. His mother is a nurse from Helena, and his father a carpenter from Dublin, Ireland. A storyteller at a young age, Martin wrote multiple feature length screenplays while attending Carrol College in Helena. After thirteen years of restaurant work, a spatula in one hand, and a biology degree in the other, he took his story telling skills to Missoula to attend law school with his wife and their two Labrador Retrievers.
Martin views being a lawyer as being both advisor and counselor. He prides himself in working hard and providing value for his services. His practice consists of all aspects of civil litigation and appeals, intellectual property, and business law. He has a special fondness for all aspects of intellectual property. Martin finds his job rewarding because he is able to help clients during times of crisis. He enjoys taking the time to understand client problems and goals and always enjoys meeting new people. Martin’s clients benefit from his complex problem-solving skills, leashed tenacity, and attention to detail.
Outside of work, Martin and his wife Abigail, and their two Labrador Retrievers enjoy backpacking, hunting, and fly-fishing in the backcountry. And of course, cheering on the Griz!
- University of Montana School of Law, Missoula, Montana
- J.D. magna cum laude – 2016
- Honors: Jessup Moot Court – Oralist
- Carroll College, Helena, Montana
- B.S., Bachelor of Science
- Major: Biology
- Montana, 2016
- U.S. District Court District of Montana, 2016
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, 2016
Honors and Awards
- University of Montana School of Law: Jessup Moot Court – Oralist
- University of Montana School of Law: Teacher’s Assistant for legal writing and research
- University of Montana School of Law: Academic awards for excellent achievement in the study of contracts, secured transactions, real estate transactions, consumer protection, and bankruptcy
- University of Montana School of Law: Recipient of American Bankruptcy Institute of Excellence Award
- University of Montana School of Law: Recipient of Ethics and Professionalism Scholarship; Law Resident Merit Scholarship; and Anne Marie McCann Family Scholarship
- State Bar of Montana Intellectual Property Law Section, Chair
- United Way of Missoula County, Board of Directors
Contact Worden Thane P.C.
While this website provides general information, it does not constitute legal advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a meeting with an attorney, please call or complete the intake form below.