Raised in Joliet, Montana, Martin grew up a football-playing, food-loving, theater geek. His mother is a nurse from Helena, and his father is a carpenter from Dublin, Ireland. A storyteller at a young age, Martin wrote multiple feature-length screenplays while attending Carrol College in Helena. After thirteen years of restaurant work, a spatula in one hand and a biology degree in the other, he took his storytelling skills to Missoula to attend law school.
Martin views being a lawyer as being both an advisor and a counselor. He prides himself in working hard and providing value for his services. His practice includes all aspects of civil litigation and appeals, intellectual property, and business law. He has a special fondness for all aspects of intellectual property.
Martin finds his job rewarding because he can help clients during times of crisis. He enjoys taking the time to understand client problems and goals and always enjoys meeting new people. Martin’s clients benefit from his complex problem-solving skills, leashed tenacity, and attention to detail.
Outside of work, Martin enjoys backpacking, hunting, and fly-fishing in the backcountry. And, of course, cheering on the Griz!
- University of Montana School of Law, Missoula, Montana
- J.D. magna cum laude – 2016
- Honors: Jessup Moot Court – Oralist
- Carroll College, Helena, Montana
- B.S., Bachelor of Science
- Major: Biology
- Montana, 2016
- U.S. District Court District of Montana, 2016
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, 2016
Honors and Awards
- University of Montana School of Law: Jessup Moot Court – Oralist
- University of Montana School of Law: Teacher’s Assistant for legal writing and research
- University of Montana School of Law: Academic awards for excellent achievement in the study of contracts, secured transactions, real estate transactions, consumer protection, and bankruptcy
- University of Montana School of Law: Recipient of American Bankruptcy Institute of Excellence Award
- University of Montana School of Law: Recipient of Ethics and Professionalism Scholarship; Law Resident Merit Scholarship; and Anne Marie McCann Family Scholarship
- State Bar of Montana Intellectual Property Law Section, Past Chair and Current Board Member
- United Way of Missoula County, Board of Directors
Contact Worden Thane P.C.
While this website provides general information, it does not constitute legal advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a meeting with an attorney, please call or complete the intake form below.