W. Carl Mendenhall
Carl’s practice primarily involves medical malpractice defense, hospital and healthcare law, water rights, real estate, general civil and commercial litigation, business transactions, workers’ compensation, and insurance defense law. Carl holds an A-V Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell (highest level of Professional Excellence).
In April 2018, Carl was appointed by the Montana Supreme Court to a four year term on the Court’s Commission on Practice. Carl served as Chair of the State Bar of Montana Lawyers’ Fund for Client Protection Board for eight years, and was a member of the Board from 1990-2018. He is an active member of the Kiwanis Club of Missoula (Board of Directors 1992-2002 and 2008-2012; President 2014-15; Kiwanian of the Year, 2002 and 2012). He is a past Exalted Ruler (1995-1996) of the local Elks Lodge.
A third generation Montanan, Carl was born in Cut Bank, Montana and raised on a farm. In their spare time, Carl and his wife Carla enjoy camping and fishing with their two grown children.
- University of Montana School of Law, Missoula, Montana
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence – 1987, With High Honors
- Montana State University, Bozeman, Montana
- B.S., Bachelor of Science – 1984
- Major: Business
- Montana, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1988
- U.S. District Court District of Montana, 1987
Honors and Awards
- AV® Preeminent™, Martindale Hubbell
- Kiwanian of the Year, 2002 and 2012
- Kiwanis Club of Missoula, Board of Directors, 1992-2002 and 2008-2012; President 2014-15
- Tough Enough to Wear Pink of Montana
- Leadership Missoula Alumni (LM10)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Defense Research Institute
- Montana Defense Trial Lawyers
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Montana Justice Foundation, Board of Trustees, 2014 – 2016
- Commission on Practice, Member, April 1, 2018 – Present
- Montana Lawyers’ Fund for Client Protection Board, Member (Board Chair 2001-2006, 2011-2014), 1990 – 2018
Contact Worden Thane P.C.
While this website provides general information, it does not constitute legal advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a meeting with an attorney, please call or complete the intake form below.