Shane A. Vannatta
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” is Shane Vannatta’s style of lawyering. Although he excels in both transactional work and litigation, he would far prefer to keep his clients out of trouble than extract them from the pot of tar that is litigation.
As a result of his farming background (and perhaps one too many times around the field), Shane is intensely practical in his advice. He likes to “git er done”, and will often spend late nights completing a contract or finding the answer to an obscure question.
Shane frequently gets over-the-top comments from his clients. They say he has “superman legal skills” and is “a fantastic and incredibly valuable advisor and an all-around great guy”. “You care about us like we’re your business.”
The firm sometimes wonders why Shane chooses not to wear a cape around the office.
- University of Montana School of Law, Missoula, Montana
- J.D. – 1993, With Honors
- University of Montana
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts – 1990, With High Honors
- Major: Political Science
- Bainville High School
- Montana, 1993
- U.S. District Court District of Montana, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Montana, President, 2011 – 2012
- Western MT Bar Association, President, 2000 – 2001
- Western MT Bar Association, Member, 1993 – Present
- American Bar Association, ABA Delegate, 2013 – Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 1994 – Present
- Professionalism Committee, State Bar of MT, Chair, 2004 – 2010
- Professionalism Committee, State Bar of MT, Member, 1994 – Present
- Missoula Co. Justice Court, Judge Pro Tem, 2001 – Present
Honors and Awards
- BV Rating in the Martindale-Hubbell®
- Best Lawyers in America®, 2013 – 2017
- Mountain States Super Lawyers® – Business Litigation, 2013 – 2017
Past Employment Positions
- Worden Thane P.C., Intern, 1991 – 1993
Contact Worden Thane P.C.
While this website provides general information, it does not constitute legal advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a meeting with an attorney, please call or complete the intake form below.