Sean M. Morris
Sean Morris’ determination and persuasive character make him a true advocate for his clients. He is driven, results-oriented and focused on resolution. His level-headed mindset allows him to see both sides of the situation, play devil’s advocate, and consistently choose the path for his client which leads to the most successful outcome.
While his undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering is different from most attorneys’ undergraduate studies, it has actually worked to Sean’s advantage. Sean’s ability to problem solve and listen to others has substantially contributed to his successful law practice, which is largely litigation-based.
Working primarily in the areas of civil and commercial litigation, he handles construction disputes, products liability claims, personal injury suits, and a variety of issues involving bankruptcy, and collection actions for banks and businesses.
His problem solving skills, teamwork, and leadership help him manage his clients’ cases from start to finish. He is able to successfully overcome obstacles for clients- keeping an open mind about key issues his clients are facing, and effectively persuading either the adverse party to settle, or the jury to rule in his client’s favor.
- University of Montana School of Law, Missoula, Montana
- J.D. – 1996
- Montana State University
- B.S. – 1993, With Honors
- Honors: Order of the Engineer, member
- Major: Chemical Engineering
- Montana, 1996
- U.S. District Court District of Montana, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1998
- U.S. Tax Court, 1997
- PPL Montana, LLC
- Community Medical Center
- Farmers State Bank
Honors and Awards
- AV Rated, Martindale Hubbell®- Medical Malpractice; Commercial Litigation; Commercial Law; Litigation; Bankruptcy
- Best Lawyers – Lawyer of the Year, Banking and Finance Law, 2022
- Lawyers of Distinction
Pro Bono Activities
- Associated Institute of Chemical Engineers, 1991-present
- The Order of the Engineer, 1992-present
- Tau Beta Pi Engineering, 1992 – present
- Missoula Area Youth Hockey League (Glacier Ice Rink), Past-President
- Missoula Woodpeckers Hockey Club, 2000-2019
- USA Hockey Referee (Level 3)
- Leadership Missoula (LM 18)
- University of MT – Excellence Foundation, 1996-2003
- Friends to Youth Board, 1997-2002
- USA Taekwondo, Level 1 Coach
- USA Soccer Referee (Associate)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Montana
- Montana Defense Trial Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Health Law
- Western Montana Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
Contact Worden Thane P.C.
While this website provides general information, it does not constitute legal advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a meeting with an attorney, please call or complete the intake form below.