Joel E. Henry Ph.D.
With both a doctorate in Computer Science and a law degree, Dr. Henry advises start-up companies and established businesses and individuals, using his extensive understanding of technology, business, and intellectual property law. Joel’s experience inventing, commercializing, and protecting intellectual property gives him unique perspective- he understands the fast-paced, technologically-driven world that we live in, allowing him to help businesses make right-sized decisions about investment, growth strategies, and the appropriate legal framework surrounding intellectual property, commercial contracts, investment and business formation decisions.
Joel Henry also has significant experience in block chain and cryptocurrency law, data privacy and security, and the use and development of electronic discovery software platforms used by law firms across the nation. He brings an effective solution-focused approach to complex and interdependent problems involving technology, law, and business. With a history of success, Joel plays a vital role in the Missoula Community and across the state with his work in technical, legal, and entrepreneurial space. Integrating the ability to understand complex technology with his law degree, he beings innovative approaches to the legal community not only in Montana but nationally as well.
- University of Montana School of Law, Missoula, Montana
- J.D. – 2012
- Honors: CALI Award for Intellectual Property
- Virginia Tech
- Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy) – 1993
- Major: Computer Science – Software Engineering
- Montana State University, Bozeman
- Master of Science (M.S.) – 1986
- Major: Computer Science
- Montana, 2013
Pro Bono Activities
- Blackstone Launchpad
- Montana World Trade Center
Past Employment Positions
- Michael Best & Friedrich, Partner
- University of Montana, Professor of Computer Science
- Agile Data Solutions, Co-Founder
Professional Associations and Memberships
- IEEE Computer Society
- Association of Computing Machinery
- State Bar of Montana
- American Bar Association
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Development Professional, IEEE Computer Society
Contact Worden Thane P.C.
While this website provides general information, it does not constitute legal advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a meeting with an attorney, please call or complete the intake form below.